BSc (with Honors) in Computing and Software Development
- Students will specialize in the design, development, testing, and evaluation of software systems with special emphasis on the application of agile process development.
- Graduates will develop the confidence and competence necessary to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- This course will prepare students for work in the computer industry by helping them develop their personal and professional skills in a supportive, positive, and student-centered environment.
- Students completing this program will develop, test, and implement mobile and / or web-based applications in each year of the course using an agile development process.
- Students taking this program will have the opportunity to participate in various competitions and field trips at regional, national and European level to facilitate the presentation of shows, the creation of networks and the evaluation of their work both technically and creatively.
As a graduate of this course, you will have a skill set that will enable you to obtain employment in industries where there is a constant demand for software developers, particularly in the ever-expanding Internet sector.
Typical career opportunities:
- Software Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- Mobile Developer
- Front End Developer
- Software tester
- Web developer
- Database developer
- Scrum Master (Agile Project Management)
Delivery of the Program
This course is taught in a combination of lectures, lab classes, and tutorials. There is a specific focus on problem-based learning and much of the program content is delivered in small 20-student computer labs where students can take advantage of increased feedback and interaction with their teacher.
There are numerous support services available within the department to enable and encourage all students to realize their personal and professional potential.
Elective module options in the final year of the program allow students to focus on the discipline they intend to pursue as a career after graduation.
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English
- IELTS 6.0 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent)
Who should apply
This course is best suited for:
- Students who wish to work in a creative, dynamic and fast growing industry.
- Students want to be placed in the industry on internships.
- Students who are interested in developing interactive applications for a wide range of applications, from web-based applications to systems powered by machine learning.
- Students who enjoy working individually and in groups on novel and challenging projects.
- Students who enjoy programming and problem solving in a novel domain.
- Students who wish to work in an industry that will grow, change and challenge throughout their professional lives.
Learn more about our educational offer