MSc in Software Design with Artificial Intelligence
Ireland’s reputation as a center of software excellence is unrivaled in Europe. It is home to multinational and indigenous companies that generate € 16 billion in exports annually. Wide-ranging industry activities include software development, R&D, business services, and EMEA / International headquarters.
As computers get smarter, artificial intelligence (AI) is making great strides in simulating human thinking. Building computer systems that automatically improve with experience has many applications, including robotic control, data mining, autonomous navigation, and bioinformatics. This course provides a comprehensive introduction to machine learning and statistical pattern recognition. Students will learn about supervised and unsupervised learning, as well as learning theory, reinforced learning, and control.
What will I experience?
The AIT Faculty of Engineering and Informatics is located in one of the most modern and best-equipped facilities of its kind in the country. Teachers have extensive industry experience that enriches their teaching skills and competencies. You will be part of an exciting software development environment, with advanced research and strong links to industry. You will have the option of taking an industrial position during your third year of the program, providing you with a real industrial experience as you undertake a challenging project.
Job placement and professional practice in this program provide students with a comprehensive work environment experience while deepening specialized skills relevant to the program. The module responds to the requirements of industry and relevant professional bodies, as it facilitates in-depth student induction, extended professional practice, and immersion in contextualized specialized technologies and techniques.
The program assessment strategy is designed to support the learning outcomes of both the program and the module and to encourage the development of the anticipated knowledge, skills and competencies. A wide range of evaluation methods appropriate to the program will be used and the Program Board and Program Management Team have given due consideration to the number of evaluable components per year and the possibility of modular cross-evaluation throughout the program . The assessment workload will be reviewed by the team annually. All evaluation will be at a modular level.
Students applying to enter undergraduate or graduate programs must provide the following information directly to the International Office, Athlone Institute of Technology on or before May 1 for programs beginning in September:
- Complete AIT application form
- Detailed CV
- Certified transcripts of test results and English translations of grades not issued in English
- Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy the entrance requirements to the Institute for the following programs)
- Basic level program: Certificate in English for academic studies: Minimum IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Pre-session summer program in English from June to August: minimum IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Undergraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 5.5 without Band less than 5.0
- Postgraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 6.0 without Band less than 5.5 *
* Please note that some graduate programs require a minimum of IELTS 6.5
- Letter of recommendation from the corresponding department head of the institution itself
- Any other relevant information about qualifications or previous work experience
For this program:
Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree in software design or an equivalent qualification with a minimum grade of 2.1 (60%). According to the institute’s policies, non-native English speakers must have an IELTS level of 6.0 or higher.
Learn more about our educational offer