MSc in Software Design with Cybersecurity
The course will provide students with theoretical and practical skills to understand and respond to cybersecurity threats in the modern enterprise. It will equip them with a wide range of competencies to successfully participate in many different security professional roles in the company. Students will receive a comprehensive view of the role and practice of security in the company that will allow them to comprehensively understand the security context and relate security processes and life cycle to the business activities of the organization and therefore Therefore, identify and prioritize security activities.
This activity will be supported by the development of key competencies in security technology in the student cohort. The course will provide the student with a comprehensive introduction to cryptography by developing an understanding of cryptographic algorithms and mechanisms. This, in turn, will inform skill development in the key areas of network security and computer security, the combination of which provides the security foundation for the enterprise information technology infrastructure in which the company conducts its business.
What will I experience?
The AIT Faculty of Engineering and Informatics is located in one of the most modern and best-equipped facilities of its kind in the country. Teachers have extensive industry experience that enriches their teaching skills and competencies. You will be part of an exciting software development environment, with advanced research and strong links to industry. You will have the option of taking an industrial position during your third year of the program, providing you with a real industrial experience as you undertake a challenging project.
- In particular, the available functions include:
- Security Architect (SA)
- Security Risk Analyst (SRA)
- Security Operations Analyst (SOA)
- Security Platform Engineer (SPE)
- Secure Software Developer (SSD) postgraduate research at doctoral level or undertake postgraduate study in complementary areas of study
Job placement and professional practice in this program provide students with a comprehensive work environment experience while deepening specialized skills relevant to the program. The module responds to the requirements of industry and relevant professional bodies, as it facilitates in-depth student induction, extended professional practice, and immersion in contextualized specialized technologies and techniques.
The program assessment strategy is designed to support the learning outcomes of both the program and the module and to encourage the development of the anticipated knowledge, skills and competencies. A wide range of evaluation methods appropriate to the program will be used and the Program Board and Program Management Team have given due consideration to the number of evaluable components per year and the possibility of modular cross-evaluation throughout the program . The assessment workload will be reviewed by the team annually. All evaluation will be at a modular level.
Students applying to enter undergraduate or graduate programs must provide the following information directly to the International Office, Athlone Institute of Technology on or before May 1 for programs beginning in September:
- Complete AIT application form
- Detailed CV
- Certified transcripts of test results and English translations of grades not issued in English
- Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy the entrance requirements to the Institute for the following programs)
- Basic level program: Certificate in English for academic studies: Minimum IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Pre-session summer program in English from June to August: minimum IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Undergraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 5.5 without Band less than 5.0
- Postgraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 6.0 without Band less than 5.5 *
* Please note that some graduate programs require a minimum of IELTS 6.5
- Letter of recommendation from the corresponding department head of the institution itself
- Any other relevant information about qualifications or previous work experience
For this program:
Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree in software design or an equivalent qualification with a minimum grade of 2.1 (60%). According to the institute’s policies, non-native English speakers must have an IELTS level of 6.0 or higher.
Learn more about our educational offer