MEng in Electronic and Computer Engineering
This program is at the highest level of European mastery. It offers advanced level courses in electronic and computer systems theory, analysis, design, modeling, and fabrication. This recently revised offering combines electronic systems and telecommunications engineering expertise into an up-to-date and industry-relevant modern program.
Students have the option to specialize in one of five areas:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Image processing and analysis
- Semiconductor and plasma technology
- Advanced data networks
There are two entries to the program, in February and September, and flexible study options are provided. Due to scheduling of project deadlines, full-time students starting in September can complete the program in 12 months, while full-time students starting in February can complete the program in 18 months.
This program combines the expertise of electronic systems and telecommunications engineering into an up-to-date, industry-relevant modern program:
- Gain a systematic understanding of theory, concepts, and methods at the forefront of knowledge pertaining to selected topics chosen from a broad set within Electronic and Computer Engineering.
- To form a critical awareness of current, cutting-edge and current developments and research at the forefront of a variety of specialized areas in Electronic and Computer Engineering along with a knowledge and understanding of engineering practice, methods and techniques.
- Develop the ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems and integrate knowledge, manage complexity and make judgments related to electronic and IT.
- Allow more intensive exposure to industry-relevant modern technologies through optional specializations in Internet of Things (IoT), Nanotechnology, Processing and image analysis or advanced data networks.
Graduates will find opportunities in Irish and international high-tech industry positions, including:
- Research and Development Engineer
- Design Engineer
- production engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Management Engineer
- Software engineer
Graduates have been employed by companies such as: Google , Intel , Oracle , IBM y Boston Scientific .
The skills learned, however, are fundamental and can be applied to many other disciplines as well. In addition, the Master’s Project will also greatly enhance the graduate’s employment potential.
- A college degree or higher in any discipline in electronic / electrical / computer science / applied physics / computer science or other engineering disciplines.
- For international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, an officially translated degree will be required.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any component (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer