BSc (with Honors) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Key Points

  • Work permit while you study

  • Post Graduation Work Permit for 12 months

  • Guaranteed labor practices

  • Start dates: September

  • Duration: 4 years
  • Level 8 qualification

  • Type: Full Time
  • Hours: Daytime
  • Tuition Fee: From € 9,950

  • Scholarships available

Write to us for more information

Electronic and electrical engineers work in a broad and exciting engineering field that includes renewable energy, power generation and distribution, product design, telecommunications, IT, manufacturing, food processing, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, medicine, transportation, automation, control, construction services, petrochemicals. and research.

This course aims to produce well-rounded engineers with a high level of engineering design and analytical skills and was designed in collaboration with industry to meet the strong demand for engineering graduates in this sector for current and future needs.

Enterprise placement

Job placement is an important feature of the program and takes place at the end of Year 3 in this program and has a minimum duration of 8 weeks. Placement is supervised by DkIT teachers to support the student and ensure that the learning experience is relevant to the Learning Outcomes of the program.

Career options

Our graduates work in areas such as Electronic Product Design, Electrical Services, Electrical Engineering, Control and Automation and Communications.

A sampling of our graduate destinations includes:

  • ABB
  • Agilent Technologies
  • Amazon Web Services
  • Anord Mardix
  • Analog Devices
  • Blueacre Technology
  • CombiLift
  • ControlSoft Automation
  • ESB International
  • Electricity Supply Board
  • Facebook,
  • Glen Dimplex Renewables
  • Hanley Energy
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Intel
  • Mercury Engineering
  • Nikon Precision Europe
  • NXP Semiconductors
  • Realtime Technologies

Delivery of the Program

The course is taught through lectures, tutorials and practical laboratory classes. There is an average of 24 contact hours per week, of which 60% are practical and the remaining 40% are face-to-face classes.

External internships take place in Year 3 and in the final year students undertake a one-year project.

Program structure

Semester 1:

  • Professional Engineering Internship (all year)
  • Engineering science
  • Materials Science
  • Computing for Engineering
  • Static
  • Engineering Mathematics 1

Semester 2:

  • Professional Engineering Internship (all year)
  • CAD Engineering
  • Dynamic
  • Electrical and electronic principles
  • Engineering Mathematics 2

Semester 1:

  • Digital electronics
  • Electronic circuits and systems (all year)
  • Integrated systems 2 (all year round)
  • Linear Circuit Analysis
  • Mathematical analysis
  • Sensors

Semester 2:

  • Computerized instrumentation
  • Design of digital systems
  • Electronic circuits and systems (all year)
  • Integrated systems 2 (all year round)
  • Computerized instrumentation
  • Mathematics: signals and systems

Semester 1:

  • Applied control engineering
  • Digital signal processing (all year round)
  • Electrical engineering (all year)
  • Electrical machines
  • Design of electronic systems
  • Engineering Design 1

Semester 2:

  • Computer network
  • Digital signal processing (all year round)
  • Electrical engineering (all year)
  • Engineering Design 2
  • External industry collocation
  • Power electronics

Semester 1:

  • Automation and control systems engineering (all year)
  • Data transmission
  • Design of integrated systems 1
  • End of the year project (all year)
  • Power electronics design
  • Power systems engineering

Semester 2:

  • Communications systems
  • Automation and control systems engineering (all year)
  • Design of integrated systems 2
  • End of the year project (all year)
  • Innovation management
  • Electrical network systems

Admission requirements

  • International applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English
  • IELTS 6.0 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent)

Learn more about our educational offer

Request your quote

An advisor will contact you by phone and email within the following hours