BA (with Honors) in Business
The program aims to create a well-rounded business graduate whose knowledge will guide and inform strategic business decisions designed to increase productivity, profitability, and value and market share of an organization.
The specific objectives of the program are:
- Provide students with a solid foundation of contemporary business knowledge through the theory, concepts, and methods that form a deep academic foundation in the basic disciplines and skills, and related areas, necessary for a career in business in general.
- Instruct students with adequate experience in the main aspects of essential business disciplines and an awareness of the means by which they can be expanded the boundaries of disciplines and assess new knowledge.
- Develop in students a methodical and rational approach to solving business problems and making decisions, with the ability to apply knowledge and skills acquired to practical business situations.
- To develop in students a range of intellectual abilities, encompassing reasoning and evaluation skills and communication skills that develop their abilities to the fullest extent possible interpersonal.
- Develop the student’s ability to organize information, argue, negotiate and defend conclusions and present them clearly and consistently.
- Encourage students to approach knowledge critically and analytically, with the ability and confidence to evaluate ideas and opinions supported by results of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Give students the opportunity to also specialize in a subfield of business learning and increase their knowledge and skills in this specialized area of Management, Management of projects, Human resource management, Information systems, Cloud computing, Psychology or Law. This specialty is in addition to the objectives set out above.
Due to the wide spectrum of subjects studied, career opportunities for business studies students are numerous. The broad nature of the knowledge and skills acquired by business administration graduates makes them an attractive proposition for any prospective employer. A variety of job opportunities are possible in areas such as marketing, sales, operations, ICT, finance, and general management.
The BA (Hons) in Business has the following content. In years two and three, students select two electives from a list of nine and eleven subjects, respectively.
- S according to the new scale of common points for the certificate of Completion of 2019, applicants must earn a minimum of 2H5 and 4 O6 / H7, including one language. Subjects must include math, Irish or other language, and English.
- For international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, an officially translated degree will be required.
- IELTS 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in any component (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer