MSc in Financial Analysis
The Master of Science (MSc) in Financial Analysis has been designed to meet the growing need for financial professionals with the practical skills necessary for a rapidly evolving data-driven finance function. Upon completion of this program, graduates will understand the basics of finance, be equipped to use data analytics, machine learning, and visualization tools, apply appropriate financial analytical models, and gain a better understanding of business decision making. in an ethical and cybernetic context.
The specific objectives of the Master of Science (MSc) program in Financial Analysis are:
- Allow students to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in current and developing financial technologies.
- Give students the ability to think critically and make informed, value-creating decisions based on large and complex data. </ span>
- Develop basic competencies and technical skills of students in the fields of applied finance, quantitative modeling risk management techniques and analysis of financial statements.
- Enhance the learner’s ability to operate effectively in cross-cultural settings, understand the nature and complexities of globalization with an ongoing commitment to the importance of business ethics in a global financial business environment.
- Foster the leadership characteristics of students that will allow graduates to lead teams and achieve organizational goals.
- Create an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset that will allow students to solve real problems in an evolving, technology-driven work environment.
- Allow students to identify, develop, and apply detailed research, problem-solving, creative, and analytical skills.
- Provide students with a comprehensive platform for professional development, innovation, and further study.
Graduates of the Master of Science (MSc) program in Financial Analysis will have the potential to work in a wide range of industries, such as:
- Accountants: financial or managerial
- Financial analyst
- Corporate finance
- Treasury Operations / Analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence
- Private Equity Analyst (VC)
- Entrepreneur and / or innovator
The program’s teaching and learning strategy is designed to allow the student to progress through theoretical and practical concepts in an orderly and logical way. The assessment strategy is planned to ensure the practical application of the basic principles of the module and facilitates feedback, which underpins the overall learning experience.
- A related college degree with honors (level 8). Related subjects include business, accounting, computing, information systems, engineering, general science, mathematics, statistics, data analysis, or related disciplines.
- Graduates of any non-cognate discipline and with a qualification in a conversion style program, such as the DBS Higher Diploma of Science in FInTech.
- For international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, an officially translated degree will be required.
- IELTS 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in any component (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer