The BSc (Hons) Zoology degree will provide you with a solid scientific knowledge of animal biology and the skills and qualifications necessary for a career in a wide range of biological disciplines.
- Data handling
- Laboratory chemical and biochemical analytical techniques
- Field techniques for environmental monitoring.
Our Zoology graduates are well equipped for careers ranging from
field environmental research, conservation and management:
- Agriculture and pest control
- Aquaculture and fishing
- Laboratory-based disciplines such as genetics, biochemistry, pathology, and toxicology.
There are job opportunities in research, management, or consulting positions at universities, government agencies, or private companies. A zoological training is also relevant to other biological disciplines, in industry and in education.
Zoology is a wide-ranging area of science that covers all aspects of animal life. It is a core discipline for biological sciences and earth system and environmental sciences, and plays an important role in modern developments in biotechnology, genetics, animal behavior and physiology, parasitology, and ecology. It is also critical in applied fields such as environmental biology, pest and disease management, aquaculture, and fisheries.
- As a general requirement, a Bachelor’s Degree / High School Diploma / General Baccalaureate / Professional Degree in a university is required recognized, with subjects in mathematics and laboratory science.
- For international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, an officially translated degree will be required.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6 in any component (or its internationally recognized equivalent).