Our BA (Hons) program in Film and Creative Media provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills in mainstream and new media, by combining traditional communication and communication. media production skills, such as photography and video production, with a high level of training in multimedia production, process and design. The program provides a focus on professional practices and applications necessary for the creative industries. Students will engage with professionals, clients, artists, and employers through the Creative Engagement / Internship module in the final stage.
The specific objectives of the program are:
- Provide a rich and stimulating environment for critical creative practice in film, audio, photography, design and media and will provide undergraduate level training for students who wish to develop their careers in film and creative media.
- Introduce students to the history, theory, values, aesthetics, and ideology of the moving image.
- Expose students to new media research tools and develop a critical approach to the use (and misuse) of these technologies in films and media.
- Help students with practical experience develop competent production skills while gaining analytical experience and knowledge of film and creative media. < / span>
- Develop the student’s practical experience and understanding of current cultural changes in media production and consumption. </ li>
- Prepare students for the challenges of our society and our evolving technologies in the future of work. </ li >
- Help students relate communication technologies to narrative possibilities and a perspective on how to tell stories to defined audiences. </ span >
- Instill professional practices and ethical codes of behavior for apprentices and employees within the industry.
- Develop students’ knowledge of the theoretical and methodological skills necessary to produce rigorous research on new and emerging media. < / li>
- Connect students to a network of artists, producers, and professionals.