Diploma in Hotel Operations
Work permit while you study
Campus: Vancouver / Toronto
Start dates: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
Duration: 26 weeks (Daytime) / 48 weeks (Nighttime – Vancouver only)
Type: Full Time
Hours: Day / Night (Vancouver only)
Tuition Fee: Starting at $ 9,750 CAD
The Diploma in Hotel Operations provides students with fundamental knowledge in a variety of areas within the hotel industry. This includes organizing and performing guest service front desk functions, managing housekeeping operations, overseeing a team of hospitality professionals, and more. Students will be prepared for a variety of positions in the hospitality industry, such as an event coordinator, human resources coordinator, guest services agent, and more.
Gain the skills necessary to analyze and understand the lodging industry and the external factors that can influence the operation of a hotel and its profitability.
Earn additional certifications from the internationally recognized American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI).
Learn from highly qualified industry professionals through case studies and job projects.
Strengthen your resume with Canadian work experience by taking the cooperative program option *
Students taking the day program will follow the same course schedule every week for the entire 26-week program.
Students taking the Evening Program will begin their program with a 2-week Job Search Preparation Course prior to taking their first 6-week course. After each 6-week course, students take a 2-week break before starting their next course.
- Students who are interested in this Greystone College program must have a high school diploma or equivalent (accepted high school diplomas must be from Canada or the US).
- International students will require a Bachelor’s degree from their country of origin. The degree and grades must be officially translated into English.
- In Toronto, students must be at least 18 years old and pass a qualifying exam approved by the superintendent.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate Intermediate level 3 of English with Greystone College’s online written and oral test.
- All students must have their own device (tablet / phone / laptop) to access course materials through our Learning Management System (LMS).
The online written and oral test is exempt if TOEFL iBT 55, IELTS 5.0 or ILSC I3 is taken. If an applicant does not meet the minimum requirements, neither the institution nor the student can waive it.
Learn more about our educational offer