Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management Co-op
Work permit while you study
- Place to take the guaranteed internship
Labor assistance service of the College
- Start dates: January, March, May, July, September, November
Duration: 24 weeks in class / 24 weeks of Co-op
- Total duration: 66 weeks
- Type: Full Time
- Hours: Daytime
Tuition Fee: Starting at $ 12,495 CAD / year
This one-year program will give you the skills to begin and succeed in a career in hospitality and tourism. It focuses on the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry and is powered by Oracle Hospitality; You will also learn how to use the Oracle property management system.
This one-year cooperative diploma will provide a springboard for a career in the dynamic world of hospitality and tourism. Cultivate professional hotel competencies such as efficiency and communication skills and exceptional customer service, leadership, and teamwork skills to provide first-class service. Learning without borders means you will put principles and procedures into practice for a variety of hospitality functions, including reception operations and food and beverage production.
Develop professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership and teamwork to ensure you provide first-class service.
Obtain supervised practical work experience directly related to your academic and career goals.
Be immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry by understanding the principles and procedures of a variety of hospitality functions, including reception, cleaning, and food and beverage production operations.
Strengthen your resume with Canadian work experience.
The program is powered by Oracle Hospitality. OPERA Property Management Cloud Service from Oracle Hospitality is a cloud-based, mobile-enabled platform for next-generation hotel property management. You will learn how to use the Oracle Property Management System as if you were working in a hotel.
The term cooperative gives you the opportunity to integrate academic studies with related work experience. We have a 100% guaranteed cooperative placement policy in the field of studies.
Cooperative work experience could include positions in the following areas:
Guest Relations Officer
- Business and Marketing Analyst
Customer Service Representative
* Students will be offered paid or unpaid entry level positions related to their field of study. The Professional Services Department will provide full support to students in booking and preparing for interviews. It is the student’s responsibility to perform well during all interviews, as well as throughout the cooperative period. Placements are subject to availability and will vary by program, season, and job market changes, as well as the student’s level of English and prior professional and academic experience. If cooperative placement is not available, the student will be required to complete a Project Capstone as an alternative to graduate from the program.
You will have at least 480 hours of guided learning, followed by 480 hours of practice in an established business. Labs will help you apply the theories you learn to practical business situations. We will help you secure your job by sending you for interviews.
- Have an Ontario high school diploma or equivalent or be at least 18 years old and pass the Wonderlic exam.
- For international students, a Bachelor’s degree from the country of origin will be required. The degree and grades must be officially translated into English.
- For non-native English speakers: Successful completion of TSoM EAP Level 4 or Have the required IELTS 5.5 score or equivalent or Pass the TSoM English assessment (written on site or online with the exam proctor). </ li>
Learn more about our educational offer