BSc (with Honors) in Computing in Game Development
Work permit while you study
Post Graduation Work Permit for 12 months
Start dates: September
- Duration: 4 years
Level 8 qualification
- Type: Full Time
- Hours: Daytime
Tuition Fee: From € 9,975/year
- Graduates of the program will acquire a detailed knowledge and understanding of the creative, developmental, and programming components necessary for developing computer games.
- Students taking this program will develop, test, and implement computer games that work each year of the course.
- This course prepares students for work in the computer industry by helping them develop both personal and professional skills in a supportive, positive, and student-centered environment.
- Graduates will develop the confidence and competence necessary to work within a multidisciplinary team, being experts in the use of applications and tools used to produce interactive gaming experiences for different industries and real-world domains.
- Students taking this program will have the opportunity to participate in various competitions and field trips at regional, national and European level to facilitate the presentation of shows, the creation of networks and the evaluation of their work both technically and creatively.
As a graduate of this course, you will have a skill set that will enable you to obtain employment in the growing games industry, working as part of a development team or in any area of the software development industry.
Typical career opportunities include:
- Game engine developer, game designer (narrative), shader programmer, multiplayer game developer, UI and UX designer, creative manager.
- Front-end developer, Java / C ++ developer, software tester, mobile developer.
- Full Stack Developer, AI Developer, Database Developers.
- Software Architects, Build and Release Engineers, Requirements Engineers, Scrum Master.
Delivery of the Program
- This course is taught in a combination of lectures, lab classes, and tutorials.
- There is a specific focus on problem-based learning and much of the program content is delivered in small 20-student computer labs where students can take advantage of increased feedback and interaction with their teacher.
- There are numerous support services available within the department to enable and encourage all students to realize their personal and professional potential.
- Elective module options in the final year of the program allow students to focus on the discipline they intend to pursue as a career after graduation.
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English
- IELTS 6.0 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent)
Who should apply
This course is best suited for:
- Students who wish to work in a creative, dynamic and fast growing industry.
- Students who are interested in producing creative content and interactive storytelling.
- Students who enjoy working individually and in groups on novel and challenging projects.
- Students who enjoy programming and problem solving in a novel domain.
- Students who wish to work in an industry that will grow, change and challenge throughout their professional lives.
Learn more about our educational offer