BSc (with Honors) in Management Engineering

Key points

  • Work permit while you study

  • Post Graduation Work Permit for 12 months

  • Starting dates: September

  • Duration: 4 years of Honors Degree and one year of postgraduate -optional-

  • NFQ Level 8 and NFQ Level 9 qualification if the 5th year is taken (Postgraduate)

  • Type: Full Time
  • Hours: Daytime
  • Enrollment Fee: From € 27,254 / year

Write us for more information

REQUEST A BUDGET

Management Engineering is an interesting engineering program, which has a wide scope and aims to develop the technical and commercial aspects of engineering. Engineers are problem solvers. In almost every human endeavor, an engineer has been involved somewhere. They have created the designs and systems to make everything from gliders to spaceships, pens to laser printers, matchbox cars and F1 race cars, wheelchairs and artificial joints for the human body.

Engineering with Management deals with the analysis, design, improvement, installation and management of integrated systems of people, finances, materials and equipment. Our graduates have the technical skills common to all excellent engineers, with this knowledge augmented by an understanding of the business and industrial environment and the ability to generate innovative solutions to world problems.

A key feature of the managed engineering program is that class size is limited to 20 students. This reflects a fundamental belief in the value of small group teaching and hands-on exercises, which are delivered through active learning strategies implemented by our world-class staff. The course is a professional engineering degree, fully accredited by Engineers Ireland, producing graduate engineers capable of working in the competitive environment of world-class manufacturing.

Students have the opportunity to study abroad and be chosen for a team that travels to Stanford University and the Silicon Valley area to showcase their product design projects (details below).

Program structure

The course is structured around themes that are developed over the four years.

These topics are:

  • Engineering fundamentals
  • Business and Management
  • Design
  • Manufacturing engineering

Approximately 80% of the curriculum comprises engineering subjects such as design, automation, computer simulation / modeling, bioengineering, and materials. The remaining 20% ​​comprises management subjects such as marketing, finance, quality systems, supply chain management, and human resource management.

Students in their first year study the fundamental sciences required for engineering (mathematics, computer programming, physics, and chemistry). They are also introduced to the science of management and engineering and manufacturing design, and engineering practice through our laboratory program and a group design project.

Students in their second year build on the basic science learned in the first year and are introduced to more applied science in terms of how materials and structures behave. An important feature of the sophomore year is the emphasis on small group and project instruction. These integrate design, engineering and business. All students undertake a core group project: designing and building a guitar with a metal body, which includes not only the technical aspects, but also a business and marketing plan for your product.

In the third year, students further develop their knowledge in the behavior of materials and the solution of engineering problems, as well as the information systems at the systems level required in large modern companies. Students can choose electives in mechanical or biomedical engineering and specialized options in energy, communications, machine design, or a broad curriculum.

The majority of our fourth-year students are in the first year of a two-year Master’s degree cycle leading to a Master’s Degree

Students can choose from a wide range of technical and business modules that are best suited to their own professional skills and preferences. Students who choose to complete their studies with a Level 8 Honors degree undertake a project.

Those continuing to a fifth year have a number of other options, such as innovation projects, industry-based internships, or study abroad programs. Fifth-year students (studying for a Master’s degree) undertake a major individual research project and a variety of advanced specialized technical modules.

Admission requirements

  • More than 17 years.
  • Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English, along with their grades. Particular attention will be paid to grades in Mathematics.
  • IELTS 6.5 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent).

Learn more about our educational offer

Ireland
Trinity College de Dublín

Request your quote

An advisor will contact you by phone and email within the following hours

    2021-07-19T19:57:28+01:00