Certificate in Business Essentials Co-op
Start dates: January, March, May, July, September, November
Duration: 12 weeks in class with 12 weeks of practice
Total duration: 31 weeks, including scheduled breaks.
- Type: Full Time
- Hours: Daytime
Tuition: $10,000 CAD
This is a 31 week program, of which 12 will be spent on a work placement in establishments related to the industry, such as hotels, restaurants or other relevant hospitality and tourism venues. This program works with Oracle Hospitality and the student will learn to use the property management system from Oracle. Participants will learn to:
- Know the different aspects of hotel management, such as reception operations, food and beverage management and customer service.
- Obtain excellent communication skills that will allow you to work in any business environment.
- Focus on the latest developments in the hotel and tourism industry.
- Identify and understand the techniques and theoretical knowledge necessary in the modern environment of hospitality and tourism.
The student will have 240 hours of classroom learning and another 240 hours of work experience that can be completed anywhere in Canada.
- Ontario High School Diploma or equivalent *
- 18 years or older and
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for non-native English speakers.
* A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country is considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma, upon evaluation.
Learn more about our educational offer