Most of our graduates initially pursue careers in an accounting practice rather than in industry. Most of them get a job in the 4 big companies.
The vast majority qualify as accountants within 2 years of graduation and can expect to move up to a higher executive level, in private industry, in the public and private sectors, and in education.
AIT has developed very strong links with accounting practices across the country and the reputation of our past graduates is excellent and we have no doubt that future graduates will gain similar recognition.
AIT has an outstanding record of staff and student engagement creating a brilliant learning environment.
The program is intensive with a strong emphasis on self-directed learning.
The modules focus on the basic accounting modules: management accounting, financial reporting, auditing, tax, and financial management. Students also conduct case studies involving real-life scenarios that incorporate different aspects of accounting.
There is no requirement to complete a dissertation. However, a small project is undertaken.
Students applying to enter undergraduate or graduate programs must provide the following information directly to the International Office, Athlone Institute of Technology on or before May 1 for programs beginning in September:
- Complete AIT application form
- Detailed CV
- Certified transcripts of test results and English translations of grades not issued in English
- Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy the entrance requirements to the Institute for the following programs)
- Basic level program: Certificate in English for academic studies: Minimum IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Pre-session summer program in English from June to August: minimum IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Undergraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 5.5 without Band less than 5.0.
- Postgraduate programs: Minimum IELTS 6.0 without Band less than 5.5 *
* Please note that some graduate programs require a minimum of IELTS 6.5
- Letter of recommendation from the corresponding department head of the institution itself
- Any other relevant information about qualifications or previous work experience
For this program: