The Doctorate in Business Administration has been designed with the aim of providing the necessary knowledge and experience to managers and leaders of the business and industrial sector.
The doctorate combines modules taught in advanced management theory and practice along with training in the methodologies and techniques necessary to carry out doctoral research in business and management.
The main objective of our Doctorate in Business Administration is to help career professionals who wish to improve, contribute and transform the way they work. Attending this prestigious course will boost your academic and professional aspirations.
Plus, BSBI’s blended study mode means you’ll have the flexibility to adjust the course to your schedule, including work and family responsibilities.
The DBA modules are offered through the blended learning method. Students will attend the modules online through the UNINETTUNO University platform and in person at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
During the online modules, students will have the opportunity to attend in-person extracurricular seminars. In addition, they will be able to access the online version of the modules they will attend on campus. In this way, a holistic approach is achieved.
- Introduction to PhD studies
- Change and Management
- People in organizations (combined)
- Innovation and creativity (combined)
- Business strategy (combined)
- Complexity of knowledge management and development
- Communication and decision making
- Supervised research stage (blended)
- Thesis (preparation and presentation, blended)
- Conduct primary and secondary research to understand and develop evidence-based practice.
- Analyze contemporary approaches to management research and develop a strategic approach to research design.
- Describe and critique project evaluation concepts and design a framework for monitoring and evaluating a project or program.
- Describe and critique current concepts, models, and theories of quality assurance in business research.
- Demonstrate understanding of the theories and practices that underpin effective, efficient, and equitable management policies and practices.
- Possess a conceptual understanding of management and leadership thinking that enables students to reflect on and critically evaluate both current research and its application to the practice of leadership in a business context.
- Enhance understanding of management and leadership in the corporate workplace by turning inquiry-based teaching into practice.
After successfully completing the DBA program in Economics and Business Administration, students will have opportunities to work in areas such as banking, finance, and accounting. Successful graduates will have the knowledge and skills to secure positions in large consulting firms, international retailers and fashion houses and other service industries. You can also earn research degrees at top universities around the world. Additionally, graduates of this program can apply for exemptions from the relevant professional exams from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Students in this program can also become student members of the Institute of Management.
- Minimum age 23
- Academic qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in a business-related discipline; a master’s or graduate degree level 7, or an MBA from a recognized institution.
Applicants with degrees in other disciplines and applicants without a bachelor’s or master’s degree, but with other academic qualifications and significant professional experience at the executive level can also apply. Your acceptance may be subject to a successful entry test and interview.
Research Proposal: Applicants must also submit a detailed research proposal that will include: rationale for the research topic, purposes and objectives, primary and secondary research questions, research methodology, structure and design, initial literature review.
English language requirements:
- IELTS – minimum score of 7.0 (minimum 6.0 in each component), or;
- PTE: minimum score of 65 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements may be waived for native English speakers, applicants who completed their education in English (such as a high school diploma or IB), and applicants who completed their bachelor’s degree in English in an English-speaking country.
* According to the admission criteria of the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.