Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication
Work permit while you study
Post Graduation Work Permit for 3 years
Start dates: January, April, July, October.
- Duration: 4 years
Level 7 qualification
- Type: Full Time
- Hours: Daytime
Tuition Fee: From 13,020 CAD / year
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication is an interdisciplinary program that will develop knowledge of media, cultural studies, and business along with theoretical and practical skills. The communication methods learned and the media training to be acquired are relevant to careers in professional writing, journalism, public relations, communications, and advertising.
- Learn to evaluate and integrate all types of business communication.
- Demonstrate research techniques and methodologies.
- Create ethical and legally sound content for a variety of markets.
- Integrate media and content to persuasively communicate with specific audiences.
- Apply communication methods to business problems and contexts
The BA program focuses on many different forms of media. There is a strong focus on how media and communications work in the contemporary business world.
- Lectures and class discussions.
- Study academic literature.
- Analysis of case studies.
- Practical team tasks.
UCW closely follows career trends in the industry and develops course approaches that reflect the best professional standards in specific fields. Currently, we offer the following focus in the Business Communication degree:
One of the fastest growing fields in communications is communications management. By taking selected advanced business courses and applying them to communications projects, this approach provides the training for those hoping to manage complex communications projects and departments in industry.
To complete the Communications Management approach, in addition to the required core courses, you must take:
- Electronic commerce
- Head of Operations
- Persuasive Presentations
- Project management
- Canadian High School Diploma (Grade 12) or equivalent with a GPA of C or better (2.0 on a 4.33 scale) or Twenty-one (21) years of age or older and out of high school for at least two years.
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent (for students whose first language is not English.
Learn more about our educational offer