The Master of Journalism and Media Communication allows students to develop their own study path through the selection of elective modules. It is for people who want to embark on a career in the fast-changing industry of contemporary journalism and media communications. Designed and taught by journalism and communications professionals and full-time academics, the course immerses students in a professional media production environment. The program team cultivates in students a commitment to producing high-quality, ethical journalism, as well as leadership and innovation skills.
- You will acquire the practical skills to conceive, produce, edit and publish your own multimedia content.
- You will become familiar with multiple platforms: web, mobile, video, radio, print and photography.
- During the duration of the program, participants have the right to request a NUJ press card.
- You will gain a solid understanding of media theory, research methods, and media law and ethics.
- You will significantly develop your writing, production and communication skills, exploring areas such as reporting, report writing and investigative journalism.
- You will be challenged in real journalistic situations in print, broadcast and online media in a media working environment through working with the college magazine, online publications and radio stations.
- You will have the opportunity to create a professional portfolio of your writing, radio production, as well as video and photography work to show to future employers.