This title prepares you for a career in computer science and information technology. It gives you in-depth knowledge of software engineering and the practical skills to apply this knowledge to develop the technology behind computer games, mobile phones, the Internet, web applications, entertainment systems, and many other computer-based products. .
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is Ireland’s most popular computer science degree.
- Computer technology is and will continue to be around us in our daily lives.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of software engineering and the practical skills to apply this knowledge.
- Gain experience with six months of paid INTRA internships.
- Graduates work in some of today’s most innovative and exciting fields, such as computer games, graphics, robotics, mobile computing, and electronic commerce.
- Your skills will be recognized and valued around the world.
Graduates can find employment in the following career areas:
- Computer and electronics companies
- Financial companies
- Software engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Internet site developers
- Cloud Computing Developers
- Application developers
- Technical consultants
- Computer Professors (qualification recognized by the Teaching Council)
Some Computer Applications (Computer Science) graduates choose to start their own businesses, others start their careers as:
- Application developer
- Cloud Computing Developer
- Research and development
- Software engineer
- System Analyzer
- Technology consultant
- Web Developer
In the first year of the Computer Science course, you will dedicate yourself to acquiring strong proficiency in computer programming and essential math skills. In subsequent years, software engineering majors will provide you with the skills you need to create software and innovative ways to use it. Examples include web applications, computer games, mobile applications, and the software contained on the devices we use every day (for example, mobile phones, entertainment systems, and automobiles).
In year three, you will have the opportunity to spend six months in a paid job. The INTRA program integrates academic study with closely related jobs and will help you stand out in the graduate job market.
You will complete major projects in years three and four. These projects give you the opportunity to put into practice the software development techniques studied in class.