Communications is a fast-paced and, in today’s technology-driven environment, a growing industry that offers a wide variety of job functions. Griffith’s BA (Hons) in Communications and Media Production is a three-year full-time program that aims to provide students with a foundation in a variety of communication platforms including social and digital media, photography, radio, investigative, television and video journalism. The course is largely project-based and the introduction of specialist streams in Years 2 and 3 allows students to influence the path their studies will take them based on their interests. In this course, students:
- They will develop practical skills through work in traditional media (newspapers, television and radio) and new media (digital, social networks and mobile journalism) .
- They will gain a solid understanding of media theory, communication, and media production.
- They will contribute to the university newspaper, the radio station and the digital portal.
- Create a portfolio of jobs and gain insight into the most up-to-date technologies.
- They will influence your career path by specializing in four elective options.
- They will have access to state-of-the-art facilities on campus, including the radio station, photography studio, and film and television studio.
- They will have access to a press pass from the National Union of Journalists.
Graduates of the program will also have the option of progressing through any of Griffith’s specialized media master’s programs.