Data science is the study of information: where it comes from, what it tells us, and how to turn it into a resource for business, government, and social strategies. The data can be used to examine performance in key areas of a business, such as sales and marketing, operations, customer services, and security, highlighting what is most and least effective and driving change based on evidence, rather than instinct. .
This honors degree will equip students with the skills to apply computer science and analytical science in the quest to discover new information by identifying patterns in data.
The course is hands-on in nature and provides you with insight into how data science can solve real problems and facilitate evidence-based business decisions. It also incorporates work practices in a company, which will significantly improve your skills and enhance your employability. Due to the shortage of suitably qualified data science professionals in Ireland and internationally, this degree offers exceptional career prospects for graduates.
As a graduate of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how data can be valuable and can help solve business problems and facilitate business decisions.
- Apply data transformation, modeling, mining, and machine learning techniques to analyze and gain new insights and insights from your data.
- Design and implement data science algorithms and applications that solve real-world problems.
- Effectively visualize and communicate data analysis results to support business decision making.
- Adopt appropriate professional, ethical, legal, security and privacy principles in building and implementing data science solutions.
This course will appeal to students who are interested in developing computing and arithmetic skills and pursuing a career in data science. The course is for dropouts, mature students, and graduates of QQI level 5/6 programs who wish to embark on a full-time course of study.