BSc (with Honors) in Biopharmaceutical Sciences / Environmental Bioscience
Entry to this entry-level 8 common science course allows you the opportunity to experience both areas before specializing in your preferred award option in Year 3, namely Biopharmaceutical Science or Environmental Bioscience.
Graduates have excellent career prospects and opportunities for further study. Graduates have employment opportunities in the following sectors:
- Medical devices
- Health care
- Research and development
- Marketing, sales and consulting
- Resource management
- Environmental defense
- Responsible for the Environment in Industry
- Private environmental and engineering consultancies
- Local Government (Provincial Councils)
- Agri-food industries
- Public water and waste management services
- Government bodies (for example EPA, Inland Fisheries Ireland)
- Non-governmental organizations (eg Irish Wildlife Trust)
- Academic or industry-based research.
Years one and two of this Science course will focus on the fundamental sciences and include specific biopharmaceutical and environmental content, so you can choose your preferred career path. In years three and four, students will specialize in their preferred stream and earn one of 2 award options:
- BSc (Hons) in Biopharmaceutical Sciences
- BSc (Hons) in Environmental Bioscience
The Science course is taught through a combination of lectures, practicals, and tutorials. The practices include laboratory work. This program contains a high level of practical experience at all levels.
→ International students will require a Bachelor’s degree from the country of origin. The degree and grades must be officially translated into English.
Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
→ IELTS 6.0 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Who should apply
This course would be ideal for students who enjoy science subjects and problem solving.
The Environmental Bioscience stream would be suitable for:
- Students interested in the natural world and how things work.
- Students who wish to address current problems related to environmental and climate degradation.
The stream of biopharmaceutical science would be suitable for:
- Students who want to know how to develop, analyze and / or produce (new) drugs. This course provides a good understanding of the main scientific challenges in the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
Learn more about our educational offer