Irish Residence Permit or Garda National Immigration Bureau , is a certificate that indicates that you are registered with Irish immigration. But what exactly does this certificate allow you?
As a student and hiring a 25-week general English course, this certificate will allow you to study and work.
It is a laminated card that contains basic information about you. This includes:
- Type of stamp you count (Stamp 2 for students)
- A microchip with the content of your photo, your fingerprints and the information mentioned above.
IRP: What requirements do you need to apply?
- 3000 euros is required as evidence of funds.
- This is proof that you can support yourself during your stay in Ireland.
- You can prove it with a bank statement or by cash (exchanged for a check in the post).
Proof of Irish residency
- It could be a utility bill.
- Once you open a bank account, a statement can be used as proof of address.
Letter from your school to GNIB
- An acceptance letter stating that you are registered in an English school.
- This letter also establishes the requirements to obtain a student immigration card
- It is included in the package contracted with the school.
- Usually delivered a few days before your trip to Ireland
Rate 300 euros
- This can be paid by Visa or debit card when registering. They do not accept cash.
Stamp 2 (Students)
Indicates permission to study a full-time course, under the modality of courses authorized by ILEP . ( Provisional list of eligible programs ).
Which allows you to work at a job for a maximum of 20 hours during school hours and 40 hours during vacations.
- You cannot receive benefits or use public funds from other services (ex: public hospitals).
Cases in which it would apply
- Study an approved English course
- Study a degree / degree
- Study a master / postgraduate
More information: Everything you need to know about the GNIB