BSc in Multimedia
The BSc in Multimedia at DCU is a program for those who are creative, inquisitive, and interested in creating engaging and interactive media experiences. Our graduates are highly successful designers, developers, artists, educators, entrepreneurs, and academics.
If, like them, you are intrigued by the relationship we have with media and digital technologies in our lives and want to explore, improve and expand that relationship, this is the course to you. You should enjoy working with digital technologies and be interested in problem solving, creative expression, and working on team-focused projects.
In the course of your Multimedia degree, you will acquire a command of the concepts and practices in digital text, image and sound manipulation, and multimedia authoring. In this way, you will be equipped to contribute to the development of multimedia products and to manage a wide range of multimedia projects. You will participate in many group projects, reflecting the media design and production industries for which this program prepares graduates and will develop your skills in effective and creative teamwork.
You go to:
- Develop an understanding of digital media theory, including questions of content and form.
- Acquire mastery of the concepts and practices of digital texts, image and sound manipulation and multimedia authoring.
- A learn to design, develop and manage a wide range of creative multimedia projects.
The first year of the program has a fixed set of core modules that develop crucial production skills in imaging, video, sound, responsive media, and layout design. information, as well as a foundation in social and media theory that will inform your studies and work.
Second year continue your education in relevant theory and interaction design, allowing you significant specialization by choosing the best degree approach suits you from a variety of modules in areas such as advanced sound and video production, interactive applications, animation, media spaces, physical computing, and more.
Third year allows for more specialization options and provides support and development for a major project spanning the final semester of the program. These projects are diverse in form and approach, but each becomes a substantial showcase of students’ creative ability. Every May a public exhibition of these projects takes place in the center of Dublin.
Join a respected program, Ireland’s oldest degree course in this area, which has preserved and built on its record of excellence.
Create and critique compelling interactive media, by understanding and using theory and technology.
Gain insight into the changing field of media production and gain the skills to thrive in its many different disciplines.
Learn from staff with extensive industry experience, contributing to internationally recognized research in this field, and award-winning excellence in teaching.
Shape your BSc in Multimedia by choosing from module options that allow you to specialize in relevant areas of media design and production.
Bachelor of Multimedia graduates enter a wide range of career paths in production, design, interaction, and research. The program is well established and graduates are valued for their production and project management knowledge, as well as specialized skills in optional module options. Alumni of the degree work in a wide variety of roles in creative media, including production for broadcast and online channels, advertising, interface and product design, programming and application development, and a range of consulting and management. The skills our graduates acquire in the program are highly relevant to the rapidly growing and changing market for quality media design and production.
- Advertising (creativity and content)
- Animation and Illustration
- Broadcast Production
- Digital advertising
- Planning and managing digital projects
- E-commerce and online sales
- Game design and development
- Interaction layout
- Product design
- Research and user testing
- Content and social media strategy
- Sound production and editing
- UI (interface) layout
- Video effects
- Video production and post-production editing
- Web design and development
Estructura del programa
- As a general requirement, a Bachelor’s Degree / Baccalaureate Diploma / General Baccalaureate / Professional Degree from a recognized university with, minimum, is required a subject in mathematics.
- For international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, an officially translated degree will be required.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any component (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer